By Mike Jastrzebski
It’s that time of the year and I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about the New Year. Since my blog day fell on the 31st I thought I’d offer up my writing and boating resolutions.
1) I will write a new Wes Darling Mystery (#3) and will finish an outline for the fourth book in the series.
2) I will write the best book I can, which means I will do at least two rewrites before making the book available to the public.
3) I will research the book completely. True, this means I will have to spend several months in the Bahamas writing every morning before I go snorkling or exploring the islands, but no one said life would be easy.
Which brings me to my boating resolutions.
4) I will get the hell away from the dock.
5) I will not get angry or swear (much) when things go wrong on the boat, because things always go wrong when you’re living on a boat.
6) And finally, I will do my best to enjoy every sunrise and every sunset because at 63 I realize that I’ve missed more sunrises and sunsets than I have left in my lifetime.Share on Facebook